Join CIDRAP-ASP for a webinar discussing the importance of effective, data-driven infection prevention strategies (IPC) and antibiotic stewardship (AS) initiatives. It has been shown that IPC and AS reduce drug-resistant infections and diminish the burden of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) within healthcare systems.
Our expert presenters are:
- Aura Lucia Leal Castro, MD, MSc, Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Luis Alfredo Ponce de Leon, MD, PhD, Head, Department of Infectious Diseases, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición, Salvador Zubirán, México
Time for Q&A will follow the presentation. Continuing education credit for physicians and pharmacists (ACCME and ACPE) provided.
Date and Time
June 21, 6:00 – 7:15pm CDT
This program has been designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and pharmacists.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Apply diagnostics in clinical practice, and understand how improved utilization decreases the burden of drug resistant infections
- Explain the importance of the connection between diagnostic and antimicrobial stewardship
- Describe new guidelines and measurements in Colombia and Latin America
More on the event webpage