The call advocates for a One Health approach to understand the impact of interventions on the development and transmission of antibiotic resistance and to design, implement, evaluate, and compare interventions that will have a true impact on preventing or reducing the development and transmission of antibiotic resistance in and between the different One Health settings (human, animal, environment).
The call will support research projects that also have the potential for impact in areas where the risk and burden of AMR is greatest, such as in Low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
30 agencies and organisations from 21 JPIAMR member countries are particpating in this call, please see complete list below.
The call is co-funded by the European Commission and the total estimated call budget is 24.9 million Euro.
The call opens early 2021.
Participating agencies and organisations
- Argentina – Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas (CONICET)
- Belgium – Fonds voor Wetenschappelijk onderzoek-Vlaanderen (FWO)
- Belgium – Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique (FNRS)
- Canada – Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canada – International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Denmark – International Centre for Antimicrobial Resistance Solutions (ICARS)
- Denmark – Innovationsfonden (IFD)
- Estonia – Estionian Research Council (ETAg)
- Finland – Suomen Akatemia (AKA)
- France – Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR)
- Germany – Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Hungary – National Research, Development and Innovation Office (NKFIH)
- Ireland – The Health Research Board (HRB)
- Ireland – Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM)
- Israel – Ministry of Health (CSO-MOH)
- Italy – Fondazione Regionale per la Ricerca Biomedica (FRRB)
- Italy – Ministero della Salute (It-MoH)
- Latvia – Valsts Izglitibas Attistibas Agentura (VIAA)
- Lithuania – Research Council of Lithuania (RCL)
- Moldova – Agentia Nationala Pentru Cercetare Si Dezvoltare (ANCD)
- Netherlands – Zorgonderzoek Nederland Zon (ZonMw)
- Norway – Research Council of Norway (RCN)
- Poland – Narodowe Centrum Nauki (NCN)
- Spain – Agencia Estatal de Investgacion (AEI)
- Spain – Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Sweden – Swedish Research Council (SRC)
- Sweden – Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- United Kingdom – Medical Research Council (MRC)
- United Kingdom – Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- United Kingdom – Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)