Détails de l'offre
- Type de poste: Autre
- Secteur : Public
- Localité : International
- Limite de candidature : 30/11/2021
- Profil de poste:
Recherche et innovation
- Domaine(s) :
Microbiologie et Immunologie, Autre
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to join our international team at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain), Technical University of Denmark, and become part of the Natural Products Genome Mining group.
Are you our new colleague interested to contributing to find the next generation of antibiotics from actinomycetes?
Responsibilities and qualifications
We are currently in the process of sequencing many natural products producing bacteria from our own strain collection and from collections of collaboration partners. This requires the cultivation of hundreds of strains, preparation of numerous high molecular weight chromosomal DNA samples, and library generation and sequencing.
You will therefore complement our sequencing team with your expertise. Your primary tasks will be:
- Maintaining microbial strains and documenting them in our LIMS
- Cultivation of actinomycetes and high molecular weight chromosomal DNA isolation
- DNA quality control
- Oxford Nanopore library construction, quality control and sequencing
- Sequence data management, including assembling and annotating the data using our existing standardized pipeline
- Routine lab duties, such as preparing media, coordinating with the DTU Biosustain sequencing lab/external sequencing providers
As a formal qualification, you must have a master’s degree in biology/biotechnology or equivalent.
Further competences that are important for the position are:
- Previous experience in molecular techniques working with bacteria; experience in working with “difficult” non-model organisms, especially actinomycetes, is advantageous.
- Previous experience with molecular biotechnology techniques like sequencing library preparation, genome sequencing (Oxford Nanopore is advantageous), DNA isolation and purification
- Great attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills for working in a highly international research environment
- Strong English written and oral language skills, as our work language is English
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The position is available for 18 Months (1.5 years) starting January 1, 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained by email from Prof. Tilmann Weber, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about DTU Biosustain at http://www.biosustain.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at https://www.dtu.dk/english/about/job-and-career/moving-to-denmark
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 30 November 2021 (Danish time).
Apply at http://www.career.dtu.dk
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration.
To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Academic Diplomas (MSc)
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Additional job details here.