Détails de l'offre
- Type de poste: Post-doctorat
- Secteur : Public
- Localité : France
- Limite de candidature : 26/02/2021
- Profil de poste:
Recherche et innovation
- Domaine(s) :
Microbiologie et Immunologie
PROFIL DE POSTE
Projet de recherche / Missions
« High-throughput identification of antibiotic resistance progenitors across interconnected settings: PRE-EMPT», ANR project
The environment constitutes both a receptor and a source of antibiotic resistance determinants. Although we know that the environment contains many antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs), its role on the mobilization/selection/persistence of ARGs is still poorly understood. The PRE-EMPT project aims at identifying the reservoir of genetic structures hosting ARG across a variety of hosts, potentially transferable to pathogens, in aquatic environments from different origins. It aims at connecting the ARGs, their genetic context and their bacterial hosts by combining high-throughput sequencing based techniques.
The postdoctoral fellow will be involved in a highly collaborative ANR project involving 4 teams from Inserm, ANSES, INRAE and Pasteur Institute.
The recruited postdoc will be in charge of the sampling water campaign, the improvement of a recently developed workflow combining metagenomic focused on integrons and bioinformatic tools to identify antibiotic resistance genes, and the analysis of the resistome of the samples.
She/He will work closely in collaboration with a research engineer.
She/he will also interact with partner 2 (Pasteur Institute) on the analysis of DNA captured metagenome sequences.
General responsibilities include design, implement and interpret experiments, and bioinformatics pipeline, both independently and in collaboration, and communicate research and findings in a clear and concise manner.
The postdoctoral fellow will present the progress of the project during lab meetings, as well as during national and international conferences.
- Expertise in molecular biology and bioinformatics will be highly prioritized
- Knowledge in quantitative PCR, and general lab protocols and methodologies used in the biological sciences
Savoir-faire / Méthodologie
Strong computer literacy. Mastery of R would be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills needed to effectively deal with students and people of the collaborating groups
- High levels of initiative, autonomy and the ability to assume a high level of responsibility
- Hands-on experience on qPCR and molecular biology experiments
- Experience in bioinformatics, statistical analysis
- Experience in editing and writing original research articles and grant applications is an asset
A PhD degree preferably in microbiology, bacterial genetics or molecular biology
U 1092, ANTI-INFECTIEUX : SUPPORTS MOLECULAIRES DES RESISTANCES ET INNOVATIONS THERAPEUTIQUES, DR TOULOUSE
Faculté de médecine, 2, Rue Docteur Raymond Marcland, 87025 Limoges Cedex
CDD, 24 months
2,038 €/month, depending on previous experience
Date souhaitée de prise de fonction
Application should include:
- Letter of motivation with a short description of the applicant’s previous research and why the applicant considers her/himself a good match for the position (1-2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae, including a description of relevant skills and experiences, as well as a full publication list.
- Copy of PhD diploma.
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to 2-3 references.
It should be sent to Cindy DEMAY (email@example.com) and Thomas JOVE (firstname.lastname@example.org) before February 26th, 2021.
Cet emploi a été publié sur le site de l’ITMO I3M, rubrique “offre de postes”.