- Type de poste: CDD, Poste de direction/Cadre
- Secteur : Public
- Localité : International
- Limite de candidature : 31/05/2021
- Profil de poste:
- Domaine(s) :
The Global AMR R&D Hub was established following a call from G20 Leaders to address challenges and improve coordination and collaboration in global AMR R&D using a One Health approach. A Secretariat in Berlin started operations in September 2018.
The Global AMR R&D Hub is a global partnership currently consisting of 17 countries, the European Commission and two philanthropic foundations and is steered by a Board of Members. Its goals are to support global priority setting and evidence-based decision-making on allocation of resources for AMR R&D through the identification of gaps, overlaps and potential for cross-sectoral collaboration and leveraging in AMR R&D.
To achieve these, the Global AMR R&D Hub collects, analyses and presents information on AMR R&D investments, products and market interventions. As the key knowledge centre for AMR R&D, the work of the Hub is strategically aligned into three key pillars that encompass guiding and supporting evidence-based decision-making; enhancing collaboration and coordination; and promoting awareness, knowledge and visibility in the field. A central instrument to the work of the Global AMR R&D Hub is its Dynamic Dashboard, a comprehensive database gathering data and information on global AMR R&D, the pipeline of products in development and incentives. It will be further developed, operated and expanded in the coming months. More information is available at www.GlobalAMRHub.org.
The Secretariat has built up and manages the Global AMR R&D Hub under the guidance of the Board of Members.
The Secretariat currently has 5 full-time employees and supports the Board of Members on all issues related to the Global AMR R&D Hub. The Secretariat currently administratively belongs to the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF).
We therefore offer the exciting opportunity for a:
Head of the Global AMR R&D Hub Secretariat (m/f/d)
Starting date: 1st September 2021
The Head of the Secretariat is expected to manage and coordinate the activities of the secretariat in line with the three strategic pillars of the Global AMR R&D Hub, in particular:
- Take a lead in building the Hub’s impact and guiding it through further change;
- Prepare recommendations on key R&D investment gaps and areas for investment to support decision making and to promote R&D investments;
- Continue to expand the work of the Dynamic Dashboard, including data analysis and dissemination of findings;
- Develop a strategic plan for the Global AMR R&D Hub in the coming years, taking into consideration the global AMR R&D policy landscape and advance the mandate and strategic objectives of the Hub;
- Ensure that the One Health approach is fully embedded in the work of the Secretariat;
- Lead the global reach-out to stakeholders, strengthen the international standing of the Global AMR R&D Hub;
- Proactively establish, maintain and coordinate collaboration with other relevant global initiatives, institutions and non-governmental organizations to leverage the work of the Global AMR R&D Hub;
- Develop and implement a knowledge dissemination strategy to ensure that the work of the Hub is shared with policy makers and researchers in a timely and accessible manner;
- Lead the highly qualified and motivated team;
- Plan and manage effectively and efficiently the work of as well as the human and financial resources under the Secretariat;
- Support the Board in its operation and deliberation.
Qualification and Experience
- Background or longstanding experience in a biological/pharmaceutical/medical field of science or in public health, or in science management, preferentially with experience in the field of AMR;
- A minimum of three years Senior Management experience relating to R&D;
- Experience of influence and impact with government and other partners; experience in an international context and in public advocacy would be an asset;
- Builds and nurtures effective and collaborative networks and relationships with diverse stakeholders; ideally dispose of an established international network in the AMR policy field;
- Well-developed inter-personal skills;
- Demonstrates resilience, composure and a positive outlook;
- Sets and revises goals and plans to reflect changing priorities and continuously evolving environment;
- Leading and mentoring to generate proactive thinking;
- Ability to manage, prioritize and delegate tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Mastery level (equivalent to CEFR C2 level) of spoken and written English required; additional good command of German an asset.
The position will be located in Berlin, Germany.
The duration of the contract will initially be limited for three years, with an annual gross salary level matching the German public tariff scheme (TVöD/Bund E15), ranging from 62.000-88.000 € excluding possible allowances, depending on the qualification and experience of the candidate. In addition to the salary, the contract includes health care and social security benefits.
Application documents should comprise a letter of motivation including a description of relevant experience, CV and relevant references and certificates.
Please send your complete documents preferably as a single PDF document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference number 01/2021.
Closing date is 31 May 2021.
DZIF is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
If you have any queries, please contact Dr. Magdalini Moutaftsi:
Tel.: +49-151-5272 6054; email@example.com.
By submitting your application, you agree that your data may be electronically processed and stored.