- Type de poste: Post-doctorat
- Secteur : Public
- Localité : International
- Limite de candidature : 23/11/2021
- Profil de poste:
Recherche et innovation
- Domaine(s) :
Microbiologie et Immunologie, Autre
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate with background in biological sciences (microbiology, bioengineering, biochemistry, biology), physics, chemistry or similar and possibly with experience in designing and fabricating microfluidic devices.
The successful candidate will join a multinational and interdisciplinary team of scientist and will be responsible for designing, constructing and testing microfluidic systems for microbial testing of antibiotics in high-throughput and point-of-care (POC) formats.
- Design, construction and test droplet-based microfluidic systems for single-cell encapsulation and Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (AST)
- Microbial cell culturing
- Monitoring the growth of a large number of single bacterial cells isolated in nanoliter droplets. Determination of the heterogeneity of phenotypic response of individual cells in population
- Data analysis, writing reports and scientific publications
- Cooperation with researchers, including communication with English-speaking colleagues
- Support for PhD students
- 12-month full time work contract with the possibility of extension
- Salary of 10 000 PLN per month financed by the NCN MAESTRO 10 Project No. 2018/30/A/ST4/00036. This is the gross amount including employer’s expense. It would be the subject to taxes, social and health insurance and other legal deductions according to Polish law.
- 36 days of vacation, social security, health insurance
- Work in the outstanding scientific institution in the dynamic research group with members representing diverse interests and qualifications – see details on the website: http://ichf.pong.pl/en
- Participation in international conferences and Erasmus projects
- Engagement into an ambitious research program and possibility to build the academic career
- PhD in biological sciences, physics, chemistry or similar obtained not earlier than 7 years before the engagement in the project
- Enthusiasm, dedication and creativity measured by the quality and number of peer-reviewed publications and documented projects realized by the Candidate
- Mobility documented by fellowships, research internships (especially in foreign research institutions)
- Good publication record
- Experience in research related to the project, especially in AMR, AST, experimental microbiology and/or droplet microfluidics.
- Very good skills in spoken and written English
- Outstanding motivation for research
Complete application should include the following documents:
- scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.).
- motivation letter
- recommendation letter
- citation report (e.g. from Web of Science) including the number of publication, number of citation without self-citation, h-index of the Candidate
- a scan of the PhD diploma
- a scan of the MSc diploma
How to Apply
Send application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: email title “Recruitment 64/2021”
Recruitment 64/2021 (emails without this number will be not considered!)
A post-doc type post is a full-time post, scheduled by the project’s principal investigator for a person who has obtained their PhD degree within 7 years before joining the project.
This period may be extended by a time of long-term (in excess of 90 days) documented sick leaves or rehabilitation leaves granted on account of being unfit to work.
In addition, the period may be extended by the number of months of a child care leave granted pursuant to the Labour Code and in the case of women, by 18 months for every child born or adopted, whichever manner of accounting for career breaks is preferable.