- Type de poste: CDD, Poste de direction/Cadre
- Secteur : Privé
- Localité : International
- Limite de candidature : 02/01/2022
- Profil de poste:
- Domaine(s) :
To support the work of the Secretariat of the Global AMR R&D Hub, we are currently looking to fill the following position:
Global Health Policy & Strategy Program Officer (m/f/d)
Starting date: February 1st 2022 – fixed term contract until 31 December 2024
About Global AMR R&D Hub
The Global AMR R&D Hub (the Hub) emerged from discussions from G20 meeting in 2018 and was operationalised in early 2019. The Hub is a knowledge centre for AMR and acts as a catalyst in the advocacy efforts for AMR globally through generation of knowledge and data that informs policy decisions at the highest levels.
Our Board consists of representatives of 17 countries, the European Commission and global philanthropic organisations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and the Wellcome Trust. We also have WHO, FAO, OIE and OECD as observers. The Hub is also connected to a wider network of Stakeholders, drawn from multiple focus areas, globally who are invested in the field of AMR. The Hub plays a co-ordinating role to drive positive policy change in the AMR arena.
In the first phase (2019-2021), the Hub has built an array of tools and engagement models to drive its mandate chiefly consisting of a Dynamic Dashboard that captures the various information on AMR through a funding/investment vertical, product pipeline and an incentive vertical through a One Health lens.
In addition, we have a knowledge repository with reports and policy briefs that provide deep analysis of data and inform policy makers. We have strong linkages with the global AMR ecosystem and organise roundtables, workshops and conferences.
We are entering a 2nd phase of growth and our aims are to create even greater impact in the AMR policy landscape through amplifying the three mandates that we have- knowledge generation for evidence, collaboration and awareness & outreach.
Administratively the Secretariat belongs to the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF). More information on the Hub can be found at https://globalamrhub.org/
About the Role and Responsibilities
The Hub is seeking a Global Health Policy & Strategy Program Officer with a background in policy formulation, analysis and co-ordination in global health policy especially in the AMR domain. The position would report to the Head Secretariat. The responsibilities include the following work streams in the Hub:
- Contribute and drive the Hub’s agenda of One Health especially through mapping, analysis of different policies and regulations especially push, pull and other R&D incentives and interventions in the AMR domain
- Contribute to the Hub’s strategy formulation and presentation
- Actively support the Secretariat in its engagement with the Hub’s Board and with the Stakeholders across the world
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to refine the Dynamic Dashboard
- Contribute to Knowledge reports & insights, outreach, awareness and communication activities
- Representing the Hub at different fora and network with the leaders and stakeholders in global health landscape
- Contribute to organisation and agenda setting of convenings such as roundtables, workshops and conferences
The Candidate and Qualifications
Ours is a dynamic nimble world and we are a small but very focused team with openness, communication, trust and transparency as our core values of work. An ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- An advanced degree (masters/postgraduate- MA, MSc) in policy, health policy & economics, technology policy and public health with a minimum of 6 years of experience in international health policy and strategy background
- Understand the milieu of global health policy (preferably in AMR and infectious diseases) and its dynamics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with proficiency in MS Office suite
- Linkages to global health policy organisations
- Superb MS Excel skills
- Prior publication and authorship of policy documents (reports, peer reviewed journal articles) especially on aspects of health policy
- Familiarity with statistical analyses, data modelling (MATLAB) and data visualisation
- Proficiency in another spoken language
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially in a highly diverse, multicultural and global environment
- Passionate about global health, engaging, nimble and adaptable, focused, dedicated and ability to work in teams and independently
The position is located in Berlin, Germany. The duration of the contract will run from 1st Feb 2022 to end of 2024, with an annual gross salary level matching the German public tariff scheme (TVöD/Bund E13 – E14, depending on experience). In addition to the salary, the contract includes health care and social security benefits.
Apply with a cover letter outlining your motivations to apply for this job, CV and three references by 2nd January, 2022
Please send your complete documents (Cover letter and CV) preferably as a single PDF document (maximum 10 MB) by email to email@example.com using the reference number 06/2021.
DZIF is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
For queries, please contact Dr Satya Dash, Head Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your application, you agree that your data may be electronically processed or stored.