- Type de poste: CDD, Post-doctorat
- Secteur : Public
- Localité : France
- Limite de candidature : 17/12/2021
- Profil de poste:
Recherche et innovation
- Domaine(s) :
Microbiologie et Immunologie, Recherche médicale et clinique
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our research team as a Postdoctoral Fellow. The selected candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers within the framework of a bilateral French/German environment (ANR funded project “TARGET-THERAPY”, 2021-2024, granted to Dr Tony LE GALL and Prof Holger SCHÖNHERR, 2 nd French-German call for projects on antimicrobial resistance 2020 “One Health: AMR in environmental reservoirs and colonizing antibiotic resistant bacteria”).
The candidate will apply his/her expertise to evaluate original polymer-based materials (developed in collaboration with other partners involved in the project) to eliminate respiratory bacterial (Pseudomonas aeruginosa) infection. Beyond in vitro investigations, mouse models mimicking clinically-relevant conditions of host susceptibility to antibiotic-resistant bacteria will be used to assess the effectiveness of therapeutic systems. The outcome of infection and treatment
will be determined overtime by analyzing bacterial clearance, inflammation, and immune response.
The applicant will work under the scientific supervision of Dr Tony Le Gall at INSERM UMR 1078. He/She will benefit from a dynamic and stimulating scientific environment in Brest (3 teams, >100 persons, multiple nationalities) within the “Gene Transfer and Combined Therapeutic Approaches” (GTCA) team (head: Prof Dr Tristan Montier).
We work since 2015 in close interaction with all the partners involved in the “TARGET-THERAPY” project, in Reims, FR (Prof. Gilles Lemercier, UMR CNRS 7312) and Siegen, DE (Prof. Dr. Holger Schönherr, Chemistry & Biology (Cμ), and Prof. Dr. Ulrich Jonas, Macromolecular chemistry).
Besides working at its home institution in Brest, the researcher will also work for animal experimentations (implying the use of infected animal models) at the “Biomedical Defense Research Institute” (IRBA) in Brétigny-sur-Orge, FR.
The applicant will participate in the network events of the project. Visits in the laboratories of other partners involved are possible.
Application files can be submitted until mid-September 2021. Following that first selection, interviews of selected candidates will be conducted online (or in a hybrid format in front of diverse panels). Final decision will be communicated before the end of 2021.
Young Researcher (with less than 4 years research experience after PhD)
Biological sciences; Medical sciences; Pharmacological sciences
Experimental design and implementation (microbiology, cell culture, in vitro assays, in vivo experimentations), Scientific reports, Communications
- Life in the laboratory
- Scientific exchanges (seminar etc.)
Specific Requirements or Constraints
- Track record of innovative research and scientific publications/patents
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Possibility to work in several places: INSERM 1078, Brest, FR (main location) and “Biomedical Defense Research Institute”, IRBA, Brétigny-sur-Orge, FR
- Strong background in bacteriology (skills in respiratory infection model are ideal)
- Training and skills in animal models (ideally in respiratory infections) and related experimentations (histology, anatomo-pathology)
- Background in immunology is not mandatory but would be a plus
0 to 2 years
Required Education Level or Diploma
- PhD preferably in bacteriology sciences (candidates with a PhD defense scheduled before the start of the project can apply for this position.)
- Veterinary training: animal testing diploma, level 1 (designing & implementing) or equivalent
- Veterinary training: experimental surgery or equivalent
English: very good or excellent
Code INSERM UMR1078
Name Genetic, Functional Genomic and Biotechnologies
Director Emmanuelle GENIN
Composition 3 Teams, > 100 peoples
Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale 3
Address 22 avenue Camille Desmoulins 29200 Brest, France
UMR 10 78 website
Type Temporary, Duration 2 years
Salary to be determined according to the INSERM pay grids
Envisaged Start Date
April 1st, 2022
Applicants must send a CV and a cover letter to:
Dr LE GALL Tony, email@example.com
Contact for further information: LE GALL Tony, 02-98-01-81-03,
Deadline for application: December 17, 2021 16:00 (Europe/Brussels)
Retrouvez l’offre d’emploi sur le site web EURAXESS.